Design & Publishing
NatureBureau has an original combination of creativity in design and expertise in ecology. Our innovative solutions, meticulous attention to detail and ability to meet the tightest of deadlines have been rewarded with a loyal client base.
We specialise in providing graphic design and new media solutions for nature conservation organisations. With over 20 years' of experience in publishing, our in-depth knowledge of the industry ensures that our illustrations, digital media and publications are both attractive and accessible, and meet the brief and budget provided. We provide a quick turnaround without any compromise on design or quality. We also have access to a wide range of top quality wildlife and landscape images to help improve your publication.
NatureBureau publishes ecology and natural history books under our own imprint, Pisces Publications. Our range of publishing and editorial services follows the Institute of Publishing standards, and includes research and writing; technical editing, sub-editing and proofreading; publishing and distribution. Each book, whether for an individual enthusiast or a major international organisation, is given the same attention to detail throughout the production process, from the receipt of the first transcripts to the delivery of the final, bound copies.
Browse our Bookshop
At NatureBureau we can help you with:
- Finding the most effective creative product for your needs
- Designing specialist books, magazines, journals and promotional material
- Producing stunning maps, charts and graphics from raw information
- Sourcing the best images or providing high quality illustrations
- Designing signs, guide books and interpretation for wildlife sites and centres
- Managing the printing process
- Branding your organisation
- Constructing and designing easy-to-use websites and e-newsletters
- Producing interactive CD-ROMs, digital presentations and e-books
- Publishing natural history and conservation books
- Writing and editing everything from specialist journals to public leaflets
This is not an exhaustive list by any means; but with our broad experience in the industry, we are sure we can find the best creative solution for you.
Just a small selection of the projects we have worked on show the breadth of our commissions; we have:
- Designed a number of wildlife magazines including the Berks, Bucks and Oxon Wildlife Trust's Wildlife News and BirdLife International's World Birdwatch.
- Designed high-end coffee-table style books such as FIFTY: 50 years 50 species and Natura 2000 – Protecting Europe's Biodiversity.
- Published numerous field guides and reference volumes including the acclaimed Dragonflies of Hampshire, The Flora of Dorset, A Guide to Finding Fungi in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire, Important Birds Area of Africa and Associated Islands and, most recently, A Photographic Guide to the Insects of the New Forest and Surrounding Area.
Get in touch
Do get in contact if you have any questions or would like us to develop a proposal that suits your needs.
Tel: +44 (0)1635 550380